3 July 2014

Currently Craving: Quinoa



I got more into cooking recently (since I watched a dozen seasons of Masterchef) and so I have started paying more attention to what I eat and how I prepare it.

One of my favourite things to eat right now is quinoa. It's exotic, delicious and healthy. A way I like to serve it is in a salad, which consists of lettuce, peeled tomatoes, feta cheese, a boiled egg and of course, quinoa. I like to add French dressing and just a bit of soy sauce for a more specific flavour (also, quinoa goes great with soy sauce). Finally, I season it with Himalayan salt and olive oil. I sometimes tend to add some other ingredients I find in the fridge, like raw mushrooms or pepper.



Do note, that quinoa is quite expensive compared to rice for example, but if you have not tried it before, it's definitely something I'll recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment