31 May 2019

LIFE UPDATE: WHY I HAVEN'T BEEN POSTING


At this point, I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but I've been pretty MIA on my blog - I checked and my last post was from a month and a half ago, and I have a reason (or a few) for that. Basically, the biggest one is that I started working as a content writer and you can imagine how that has affected my inspiration and motivation to write and post. Don't get me wrong, I love writing, but doing it professionally every day has drained me a bit, as pretty much every job does. I still recognize what a privilege it is to be able to do what I'm passionate about, it just means that I am going to spend a little less time writing here. And that's okay.




The other major reason is that I am not sure about what I want to do and how I want to present myself on social media. The influencer market is overly saturated and you all know that I had my fair share of it, but that is not something that interests me any more. That being said, the items in these photos are still gifted and I am including links to them, so I understand how it may come off hypocritical of me. What I mean is that I just don't believe in "traditional influencing" any more (holy shit, can you imagine that the influencer market is so new and we already have traditional and new approaches, I love the 21st century). I don't want to hide behind the picture-perfect mask and present an unattainable version of, well, a normal person. I'm going to be editing my photos less, showing more imperfections and talking about things that really matter to me from now on. And not care as much about the image I present to the world, but rather my own perception of me, because that's what's most important.



I want to promote self-acceptance and transparency in what I do, because I owe that to everyone still following me, but also to myself. I don't care about marketing strategies, best times to post and numbers of followers anymore. I just want to focus on making this journey enjoyable for myself and my readers, and I hope you can agree with me.


Jacket and Pants Co-Ord: Shein // Trainers: Fashion Days

 Code Q1star10 for 10% off over $60 on all orders on SheIn.com!

xo,
Kalina

No comments:

Post a Comment